In this KB
- Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin
If you wish to migrate your WordPress site from A2 Hosting to our platform, you can do so via the Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin. This plugin is simple and user-friendly allowing for a seamless migration. The steps below outline how you can move your WordPress website on A2 Hosting to Cloudways.
Note: By using the Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin, you can move your website to Cloudways for free.
- Ensure WordPress is installed on your Cloudways account.
- Ensure that you have WordPress admin credentials of your website hosted on A2 Hosting.
Step 1: Log into Your WordPress Site’s Admin Panel
Log into your WordPress website admin panel hosted on A2 Hosting.
- Enter your Namecheap-hosted site’s WordPress admin username and password.
- Click on Log In to access your A2 Hosting-hosted WordPress site’s admin panel.
Step 2: Install Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin
Once you have logged in into your A2 Hosting site’s admin dashboard, click on Plugins option at the left-hand side and click on Add New option.
Now enter Cloudways WordPress Migrator under search option and hit Enter.
You will be able to locate Cloudways WordPress Migrator in the search results. Click on Install Now, and press the Activate button.
Step 3: Enter Details Requested by Cloudways Migrator Plugin
From the left pane, click on Cloudways Migrate to enter the details to initiate migration process.
From the Settings area, you will need to enter the following details:
- Enter valid email address. (the one used to log into the Cloudways Platform)
- Your destination site URL that is hosted on Cloudways.
- Enter your Application Folder Name. You can find the Application Folder Name in the Application Management tab as explained in this guide.
- Enter your Server IP address.
- SFTP Username. This is your Master username that you can find in the Server tab (you can use Application credentials too to perform the migration if you are part of a team).
- SFTP Password. This is your Master password that you can find in the Server tab (you can use Application credentials too to perform the migration if you are part of a team).
- Click on Migrate button to start migrating your website.
Step 4: Migrate Your WordPress Website from A2 Hosting to Cloudways
Your migration process will begin once you click on Migrate. Please note that the normal migration time is between 1-4 hours for a small website that houses a size of 500MB to 1GB.
Once the migration has completed successfully, the status will show Completed.
To ensure a successful migration, you can simply open a staging WordPress URL (as seen below).
Once you are satisfied with the results, you can take your website live from Cloudways.
- If you prefer a managed migration, please contact our support team via Live Chat.
- Make sure to purge Varnish from the Cloudways Platform. Head to the Manage Services section under the Server Management area and click on Purge when you see the Varnish option. Server Settings are detailed here if you want more information.