In this KB:
- Advantages of CloudwaysCDN
- Setup CloudwaysCDN for Your Application
- Check CloudwaysCDN Options
- Integrate CloudwaysCDN on WordPress, Magento, Drupal, Joomla and Prestashop
- CloudwaysCDN on Request Features
Cloudways Content Delivery Network (CloudwaysCDN) is a geographically distributed server system that is used to reduce the load of traffic and the page load speed of the websites. The CDN stores copies of static assets of the websites (the technical term is replication).
Once a user visits a website, part of the data is served from the nearest CloudwaysCDN location. This result is significantly fast page load speed and a great experience for the user. CloudwaysCDN is an asset-based CDN. This means that you need to define the static assets (JS, CSS, HTML, images, videos, and animations, etc.) on a particular application.
We have partnered with StackPath (formerly known as MaxCDN) and provide easy activation for the CloudwaysCDN. Note that, for a single website, the Monthly Subscription costs $1 per 25GB of bandwidth.
Here is how you could enable CloudwaysCDN on your website.
Step 1: Go to Application Management
Login to the Cloudways Platform with your credentials. Click on Applications in the top menu bar, and select your target application from the list. For the purpose of this guide, we will be using a PHP based application.
Step 2: Go to CloudwaysCDN Section
- Under the Application Management area, click on the CloudwaysCDN.
- Then, under Website URL option, enter the website’s URL with which you want to use CDN. (Remember to enter the correct protocol, either http:// or https://).
- Next, click the CREATE button.
Once the process finishes, you will see the new CDN Details page with several options.
Step 3: CloudwaysCDN Options
You will find the Website URL and corresponding CDN URL on this page. You can use the one-click PURGE and REMOVE SUBSCRIPTION options as well.
CDN URL: Once you have the CDN URL, you will need to integrate it with your application. Generally, this URL is added to the location where you need to add the URL for website’s static content.
Bandwidth Usage: Here you could see the volume of bandwidth the application has consumed in the current month.
Purge Content: This option deletes the cached version of all assets. This prevents the old version of the assets from being delivered to the visitors.
Remove Subscription: This option will REMOVE the CDN subscription for your web application. Before proceeding with the removal option, you need to delete CDN URLs from the domain/application; otherwise, it may break the website’s functionality.
Now you know how to install CloudwaysCDN for your web application.
Like other user-friendly features, CloudwaysCDN needs just a few clicks for integration with your application.
- Install CloudwaysCDN on WordPress
- Install CloudwaysCDN on Magento
- Install CloudwaysCDN on Joomla
- Install CloudwaysCDN on Drupal
- Install CloudwaysCDN on Prestashop
CloudwaysCDN On-Demand Features
The following CloudwaysCDN features can be enabled on request by contacting the Cloudways Customer Support.
Custom Domain Support
If you want to use your Custom Domain instead of CloudwaysCDN URL, use following steps:
- Login to your Domain Registrar and create a Custom Domain/Subdomain that you want to use as the CloudwaysCDN URL.
- Point the CloudwaysCDN URL to your Custom Domain using CNAME.
- Contact our Customer Support to map your Custom Domain.
Enable SSL for Custom Domain
If you want to use Custom Domain with HTTPS, ask Cloudways Customer Support to enable SSL support.
Set Default Cache Time
If you want to force the cache headers from the CDN, instead of using the application cache control headers.
Remove Cookies from CDN
By default, CDN respects cookies in the headers. If you want CDN to ignore cookies, contact Cloudways Customer Support to enable this feature.
Enable WebP in CloudwaysCDN
Contact Cloudways Customer Support, if you wish to separate the caching for WebP files and non-WebP content. By default, the content will be cached on the same URI path and served to supported browsers.
By default, the CloudwaysCDN uses the application’s default robots.txt rules. If you want to use CloudwaysCDN’s robots.txt instead, ask Cloudways Customer Support to enable this option and tell the rules you want to set.