In this KB
- Why caching is essential for Magento stores
- Supported plugins for Magento 1.X
- Configuring integrated Varnish for Magento 2.X
The performance of a Magento store is crucial to its success. This would include fast load times, less resource usage and excellent user experience.
By using a quality cache plugin, you get reduced load on your application and benefit from faster response times. It all ends up in providing optimal performance to the end-customer and helps in improving sales.
Therefore, in this KB, we will give you a brief overview of all the Magento cache plugins available in the Cloudways Platform.
The following listed cache plugins are supported on the Cloudways Platform.
For Magento 1.x:
- Cloudways Full Page Cache (Cloudways-recommended)
- Cloudways FPC is deployed by default in all Magento 1.x installs. It is highly recommended to go with our default option unless you prefer the other supported plugins.
- This cache plugin works with both new and old servers. It is easy to install and manage, convenient and stable. Its compatibility rate is better than other cache plugins. A variety of options is available to configure as per your requirements.
- Cloudways FPC doesn’t support Varnish so make sure to disable Varnish on your application from the Cloudways Platform.
- This plugin works with new servers only (Debian 8, servers created after Feb 9, 2016). It’s a free and highly maintained cache plugin which significantly enhances the cache hit rate.
- You will need to enable Varnish for your application from the Cloudways Platform in order for Turpentine to work.
- Phoenix PageCache
- This plugin works with old servers only (Debian 7, servers created before Feb. 9, 2016).
- You will need to enable Varnish for your application from the Cloudways Platform in order for Phoenix PageCache to work.
For Magento 2.x
- Varnish is integrated by default in Magento 2.x. It only requires a few configuration changes to make it work on your store. You can learn how to configure according to your store setup here.