1. Click on Start Menu icon and search for notepad. Right click on the icon and click on 'Run as Administrator'.
2. Go to File > Open and browse to the location (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) and select hosts file. Make sure that (All Files *.* ) is selected in file type section.
2. Type the IP Address and domain name provided by Cloudways support team. Go to File > Save to save the changes:
3. Ping to the site to check that the resolved IP address is the one saved in the hosts file (please note that you will not receive ping answers from any Cloudways server due to firewall filtering, we just use this test to check that the site resolves to the proper IP):
4. Make sure to remove the entry in hosts file when testing is completed and final DNS change to complete the migration has been made.