In this KB
- Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin
This guide has been created to explain how you can migrate your WordPress site from HostGator to our platform via the Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin. The plugin takes care of all the hassle for you so you can sit back and relax. The following steps will explain how your WordPress website on HostGator can be migrated successfully to Cloudways.
Note: The Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin will allow you to perform migration of your WordPress or WooCommerce websites to Cloudways for free.
- WordPress installed on Cloudways account.
- WordPress admin credentials of your website hosted on HostGator.
Step 1: Log into Your WordPress Site’s Admin Panel
Log into your WordPress website admin panel hosted on HostGator.
- Enter your HostGator-hosted site’s WordPress admin username and password.
- Click on Log In to access your HostGator-hosted WordPress site’s admin panel.
Step 2: Install Cloudways WordPress Migrator Plugin
Once you have logged in into your HostGator site’s admin dashboard, click on Plugins option at the left-hand side and click on Add New option.
Now enter Cloudways WordPress Migrator under search option and hit Enter.
You will be able to locate Cloudways WordPress Migrator in the search results. Click on Install Now, and press the Activate button.
Step 3: Enter Details Requested by Cloudways Migrator Plugin
From the left pane, click on Cloudways Migrate to enter the details to initiate migration process.
From the Settings area, you will need to enter the following details:
- Enter valid email address. (the one used to log into the Cloudways Platform)
- Your destination site URL that is hosted on Cloudways.
- Enter your Application Folder Name. You can find the Application Folder Name in the Application Management tab as explained in this guide.
- Enter your Server IP address.
- SFTP Username. This is your Master username that you can find in the Server tab (you can use Application credentials too to perform the migration if you are part of a team).
- SFTP Password. This is your Master password that you can find in the Server tab (you can use Application credentials too to perform the migration if you are part of a team).
- Click on Migrate button to start migrating your website.
Step 4: Migrate Your WordPress Website from HostGator to Cloudways
Your migration process will begin once you click on Migrate. Please note that the normal migration time is between 1-4 hours for a small website that houses a size of 500MB to 1GB.
Once the migration has completed successfully, the status will show Completed.
To ensure a successful migration, you can simply open a staging WordPress URL (as seen below).
Once you are satisfied with the results, you can take your website live from Cloudways.
- Managed migration can be simply requested by getting in touch with the support team via Live Chat.
- Please purge Varnish cache of your website via the Cloudways Platform. Simply head to the Manage Services section under the Server Management area. Then, just click on Purge when you see the Varnish option. More information on Server Settings available here.