In this KB
- Requirements of Cloudways FPC
- Downloading Cloudways FPC
- Installing Cloudways FPC
As we know that performance is critical to the success of your Magento store, we have created our very own Cloudways Full Page Cache extension (powered by Amasty). It will be deployed with each new Magento 1.x install on our platform and will significantly speed up your store and give your customers fast load times.
- Cloudways FPC Module is only valid for Magento 1.4.x to 1.9.x.
- Varnish must be disabled on the Application level (to avoid any issues).
Cloudways FPC extension comes pre-installed and pre-configured with every new Magento 1.9.x application on Cloudways platform from June 1, 2017 (by default, Varnish will be disabled on application level).
However, if you deployed the Magento application before June 1, you will need to install the FPC plugin by following the steps below. Similarly, if you have migrated your Magento store by overriding base Magento 1.X application, you will be required to do the same.
Step 1: Go to Application Management
First, you will need to download the plugin from the Cloudways Platform. Log into the Cloudways Platform with your credentials. Select your Magento application from the Application list and go to Application Management.
Step 2: Download Cloudways FPC Plugin
Click on Performance Tools and then on Download under Cloudways FPC. The download package will be saved on your PC as a zip folder. You will need to unzip the package before installing the plugin.
Step 3: Install Cloudways FPC Plugin to Your Magento App
Follow the steps below to install Cloudways FPC plugin to your Magento application.
1. Log into your Magento admin panel. Once logged in, click on Cache Management from the System drop-down menu. Enable all types of cache by clicking on Select All.
2. Then, go to the System dropdown and select Tools and then Compilation. Make sure compilation is disabled. You can verify if it shows Compiler Status: Disabled on that page.
3. Connect to your website source folder with SFTP and upload all the extension files and folders from Step1 folder of the extension package to the root folder of your Magento installation.
Note: When uploading, please use the Merge upload mode. Do not replace the whole folders, but merge them. This way your SFTP client will only add new files. This mode is used by default on most SFTP clients.
4. Upload all the extension files and folders from Step2 folder the same way you did in the previous step.
5. Go to System drop-down menu and click on Cache Management. On the Cache Storage Management area, click on the Flush Cache Storage button.
Now, under the same section, select the Cloudways FPC option. Click on Enable from the top drop-down menu as shown below. Click on Submit and then log out of the Magento admin panel so Magento can refresh permissions. Cloudways FPC will be enabled.
6. Log into the Magento admin panel again. Go to the System drop-down menu and select Configuration. Navigate to Cloudways Full Page Cache and click on the Pages tab. Select Yes on Cache All Pages and save config. Lastly, Flush Cache Storage again as per sub-step 5.
- If you need to enable compilation, you can go to the System drop-down menu and select Tools. Go to the Compilation area and click on Run Compilation Process. This can be done once you have clicked on Flush Cache Storage as explained above (sub-step 5 in Step 3).
- The default configuration is sufficient for regular users. If you require a recommended configuration guide, please read the PDF here. It is also available in the download package to give you guidance and assist you in troubleshooting any issue that may occur.