In this KB
- Introducing Cloudways Teams feature
- Creating and updating team members/collaborators
As explained previously in this guide, there are two ways to get people to collaborate with you. One, if you simply need to give SFTP access to an external party to one of your applications, and another if you want to give external party access to the Cloudways Platform (including servers and applications) with a much more fine-grained level of control.
Note: Only account owners can create Team Members. If an email address is already associated with a Cloudways account (Trial or Full), it can not be used as a team member account.
The following steps detail how you can create/update Team Member and set the desired access level.
Step 1: Adding a New Team Member
Log into the Cloudways Platform with your credentials. Click on Team in the top menu bar.
Now, click on the Add icon on the top menu bar and choose Add Member.
Provide the name and email address of your team member and select the Job Title from the drop-down menu. Once that is done, set his/her status to Active.
Step 2: Set Desired Access Level
You can configure the access level for the team member to Billing, Support, Server Management and Application Management areas.
- Billing Access: Checking this box allows the team member to access billing information. Your team member can view, download and pay invoices and also get invoice notifications. He/she can also update billing information (Credit Card data).
- Support Access: Checking this box allows the team member to access the support area. After this, he/she can create and answer tickets on your behalf.
- Server and Application Management: Checking this box allows the team member to access the Server and Application Management areas in the Cloudways Platform.
Step 3: Set Console Access Level
Here, we can further fine-tune the console access level:
- Full Access: With this access level, a team member gets complete access to the console (all servers, all applications). The team member can view/update Master Credentials for all servers. Access to the Team feature itself is unavailable.
- Limited Access: With this access level, you have plenty of control on what the Team member will be able to do in the console:
- You can choose if team member will be able to add more servers, manage add-ons or manage projects.
- You can choose which server(s) he/she will have access.
- You can choose which servers actions/privileges (start, stop, scale, view master credentials, monitoring …) he/she will have access.
- You can choose which application(s) he/she will have access to within the server.
Once done, click on Add Member. The team member will automatically receive an email with an activation link and will be able to set the console access password. He/she will be able to set their own Application Credentials for the applications he/she has access to.
Step 4: Edit Team Members
You can also edit or remove a previously created team member. Simply click on the desired member and change anything that is needed.
That’s it! You have learned how the Cloudways Teams feature works and all its related functions.
- You can disable a team member by simply changing the status from active to not active.