As explained in this KB, there are two ways to get people to collaborate with you. One, if you simply need to give SFTP access to an external party to one of your applications, and another if you want to give this external party access to the Cloudways Platform Console (including servers and applications) with a much more fine-grained level of control.
In this KB we are going to focus on the latest, that is achieved via our Team feature. Note that only account owners can create Team Members.
Let’s see now how you can create/update Team Member and set the desired access level.
Step 1: Log into the Cloudways Platform
Go to https://platform.cloudways.com/ and log in with your (account owner) credentials.
Step 2: Add a new Team Member
Tap the “Team” option on the top menu bar.
Now tap on the “+” icon on the top menu bar and choose “Add Member“.
Provide the name and email address of your team member and set the status to Active.
Step 3: Set Desired Access Level
You can configure the access level for the team member to Billing, Support, and Console areas.
- Billing Access: Checking this box allows the team member to access billing information. Your team member can view, download and pay invoices and also get invoice notifications. He/she can also update billing information (Credit Card data).
- Support Access: Checking this box allows the team member to access the support area. After this he/she can create and answer tickets on your behalf.
- Console Access: Checking this box allows the team member to access the Cloudways Platform console.
Step 4: Set Console Access Level
Here, we can further fine-tune the console access level:
- Full Access: With this access level, a team member gets complete access to the console (all servers, all applications). The team member can view/update Master Credentials for all servers. Only access to the Team feature itself is unavailable.
- Limited Access: With this access level, you have plenty of control on what the Team member will be able to do in the console:
- You can choose if team member will be able to add more servers, manage add-ons or manage projects.
- You can choose which server(s) he/she will have access.
- You can choose which servers actions/privileges (start, stop, scale, view master credentials, monitoring …) he/she will have access.
- You can choose which application(s) he/she will have access within a server.
Once done, click on “Add Member“. The team member will automatically receive an email with an activation link and will be able to set the console access password. He/she will be able to set their own Application Credentials for the applications he/she has access to.
Step 5: Edit team members
You can also edit or remove a previously created team member. Simply click on it and change anything needed.
NOTE: You can disable a team member by simply changing the status from active to not active.