In this KB
- How to create an A Record on GoDaddy
This is a brief guide on editing/creating DNS records in your GoDaddy account for pointing the GoDaddy registered domain(s) to the application(s) hosted on your Cloudways server.
Part A (Settings at Cloudways)
We assume that you already have added the domain(s) to your web application(s) on your server at Cloudways. If not, then visit this KB and complete Part A section before proceeding further.
Part B (Settings at GoDaddy)
Step 1: Choose Domain
Log into your GoDaddy account, Go to Domains, choose the domain that you want to direct to your new Cloudways application, and then click on Manage DNS.
Step 2: Add an A Record
- Choose the name for the subdomain that you want to point to your Cloudways application (in this example www).
- As record type choose A (Host).
- Under Host, type www
- As a value, enter the IP address of your server that you noted earlier. In this example, it is 188.166.XXX.31
- Give TTL (Time To Live) a value such as 600 (seconds) or use the default one
- Click Save to apply the settings.
That’s it! You may need to wait a while before this change propagates across the internet and visitors start hitting your new Cloudways site.