CloudwaysCDN is a one-stop solution to accelerate your website performance and offer top-of-the-chart global response times.
How to Setup CloudwaysCDN
To configure the CloudwaysCDN, you first need to enable it from the Cloudways Platform and then integrate it with your website using the following steps. In this example, we are using a WordPress application, but the process is the same for enabling the CloudwaysCDN for other applications.
Here are a few prerequisites for configuring CloudwaysCDN:
Your website should be live.
If you are already using third-party CDN, then integrating CloudwaysCDN on top of it will break your website’s functionality. If you want to switch to CloudwaysCDN, you are required to remove other CDN services.
CloudwaysCDN integration is attached to your website domain. Any change in the website domain will affect CloudwaysCDN functionality.
CloudwaysCDN is not currently available for WordPress Multisite applications.
CloudwaysCDN Setup — Navigate to CloudwaysCDN
Log in to your Cloudways Platform using your credentials.
From the top menu bar, open Servers.
Then, choose the server where your desired application is deployed.
3. Next, click www.
4. Choose your application’s name.
5. Under Application Management, select CloudwaysCDN.
CloudwaysCDN Setup — Activate CloudwaysCDN
Finally, click Create.
That’s it! You have successfully set up CloudwaysCDN with your application. Now, the final step is to integrate the CloudwaysCDN with your website. Before moving forward, let’s take a quick look at the following information:
3. Website URL — It is your website URL on which CloudwaysCDN is configured.
4. CDN URL — It is the corresponding base CDN URL e.g., 485030-1527904-raikfcquaxqncofqfm.stackpathdns.com. If you visit this address from your browser, you should see your website’s home page.
5. Purge Content — This option allows you to purge your CloudwaysCDN cache worldwide instantly. It prevents the older version of your website assets from being delivered to the visitors just in case if you have updated your website content.
6. Bandwidth — Here, you will find the monthly bandwidth consumption of your application.
7. Subscription — This option will remove the CloudwaysCDN subscription. If you plan to unsubscribe to the CloudwayCDN, delete the CDN URLs from your application before unsubscribing.
CloudwaysCDN Setup — Integrate CloudwaysCDN
Now, you can integrate the CloudwaysCDN with your WordPress and Magento application using the 1-click integration feature, as shown in the following steps. Please ensure you have a Breeze Caching Plugin installed for the WordPress application as it fully supports CloudwaysCDN and offers superior performance.
If you want to use any other caching plugin for your WordPress application, please skip the next step.
Now, click Apply under Application Integration.
That’s it! You have successfully integrated the CloudwaysCDN with your WordPress application. It’s time to verify if the CloudwaysCDN is properly configured.
Verify CDN Integration
To test CDN integration, you can use any online third-party tool like the CDN Finder.
Input your website URL in the given field.
Click Run CDN Finder.
Here, you will see StackPath if the CDN was configured correctly.
Alternatively, you can verify CDN by visiting the developers’ tool of your browser to view the web page’s source code. Once there, search for the stackpathdns, and you should see your CDN URL.
That’s it! We hope this tutorial was helpful. If you need any help, then feel free to search your query on Cloudways Support Center or contact us via chat (Need a Hand > Send us a Message). Alternatively, you can also create a support ticket.