In this KB:
- Scale the resources (CPU, memory, and disk) of your Linode server
You could easily scale up the resources (CPU, memory, and disk) of your Linode server.
Step 1: Confirm Current Server Configuration
First, log into the Cloudways Platform with your credentials. Click ‘Servers’ in the top menu bar and select your Linode server from the list. Now, you can check the current server configuration in the Server Management area.
Step 2: Scaling Server Size
The process of scaling up your Linode server comprises the following steps:
- Click the Vertical Scaling section in the Server Management area.
- From the available screen, select the new server size.
- Choose the new server size (mouse over each size for a description).
- Click on the Scale Now button to start the scaling process.
- The applications installed on the server will be DOWN during the server scale-up process.
- If you need to scale down the server, just clone with the reduced server size.
Wait for the server scale-up process to finish.
As you could see, the server specifications have increased to your requirements.
That’s all there is to it! You have successfully scaled up your Linode server.