In this KB
- Scaling the size of your server (CPU, memory, and disk)
Like Digital Ocean, Vultr allows you to increase server size (CPU, memory, and disk) all at once. You can increase your server resources in a few easy steps.
Step 1: View Current Configuration of the Server
Log into the Cloudways Platform with your credentials. Click on Servers in the top menu bar and select your desired server from the list. You can check the current server size (memory, disk) from the Server Management area.
Step 2: Scaling Server Size
The following steps detail how you can scale up your server:
- Click on the Vertical Scaling section under the Server Management area.
- Underneath Vertical Scaling, you will see the scaling options available to you.
- Choose the new server size (mouse over each size for a description).
- Click on the Scale Now button to start the scaling process.
Note: The applications in the server will be DOWN while the scaling process takes place. The time that the scaling process will take, will vary between providers.
Wait for the scaling process to complete.
Now the server size is increased to 2GB and disk size is increased to 40 GB disk size as shown below.
That’s it! You have learned how to vertically scale your server (CPU, memory, and disk) size.