In this KB
- Stopping access to an application
- Important notes
Based on feedback from our community, we have added a new feature to disable access to an application. Once disabled, you will not be able to access it over the web, SFTP/SSH access will be removed and any cron jobs for the application will be stopped. The following steps will explain how to stop access to an application.
Step 1: Go to Application Management
Log into the Cloudways Platform with your credentials. Click on Applications in the top menu bar and select your target application from the list.
Step 2: Stop Application Access
- Under the Application Management area, click on the Applications Settings section.
- Then, click on the Disable button under the Application Access option and confirm.
From that moment, the website (via dummy app URL as well as mapped domain) will not be accessible.
- Stopping an application will:
- disable website access on browsers so the website will no longer be accessible.
- suspend SFTP/SSH access to the application via application credentials. However, the master user will continue to have access to the application’s directory.
- stop the execution of Cron jobs that are set on the application.
- Other services including server backups of stopped application(s) and database services will remain functional.
- You can re-enable web application access through the same option.