Integrating Slack with CloudwaysBot is a great way to receive critical notifications about your server and applications directly in your Slack channels, where you and your team collaborate.
In this article, we’ll show you how how to easily integrate Slack with CloudwaysBot in a few simple steps.
How to Integrate Slack with CloudwaysBot
You must have a Slack account and workspace set up.
CloudwaysBot Integration — Adding Incoming WebHooks Application
First, sign in to your Slack workspace.
Under Apps, select Add Apps.
Here, search Incoming WebHooks.
Click Add to add the application.
4. Slack will open a new tab in the browser. Next, click Add to Slack.
5. Choose the relevant channel where you want all the CloudwaysBot notifications to land. You can use an existing channel or create a new channel.
6. Next, click Add Incoming WebHooks Integration.
7. The Incoming WebHooks application is successfully added. Make sure to copy the WebHook URL.
CloudwaysBot Integration — Configuring CloudwaysBot Channel
Next, log in to your Cloudways Platform using your credentials.
From the top menu bar, open the Grid Menu.
Then, select the CloudwaysBot.
3. Under CloudwaysBot, navigate to the Channels.
4. Next, click Add Channel.
5. Select Slack as Channel.
6. Next, input your WebHook URL, which was noted down earlier.
7. Next, name the Channel, e.g., CloudwaysBot Alerts.
8. Next, set the status as Active.
9. Select all the Events you would like to be notified about.
10.Finally, click Save and Test Channel.
You should receive the test notification in the selected Slack channel.
That’s it! We hope this article was helpful. If you need any help, then feel free to search your query on Cloudways Support Center or contact us via chat (Need a Hand > Send us a Message). Alternatively, you can also create a support ticket.