In this KB:
- Cloudways supported options for accessing MySQL databases
Cloudways allows you to access MySQL database on your server in several ways. You can choose the most appropriate method that fits your requirements.
Cloudways Supported Methods for Accessing MySQL
Cloudways offers three methods for accessing MySQL database:
- Web-based Cloudways Database Manager
- This method is perhaps the easiest way of accessing MySQL databases.
- Cloudways Platform has an integrated database manager that allows users to use a web browser to access the database in a single click.
- MySQL Database Connection Over SSH
- This method set up an SSH tunnel for accessing the database.
- This method offers a high level of security because of encrypted communication.
- Remote MySQL Database Connection (Optional / When Needed)
- This method only works for whitelisted IP addresses.
- This is suitable for users who wish to connect to the MySQL database directly from a remote location or from other servers.
- This method offers excellent security because of the SSL-enabled connection that encrypts all communication.