In this KB
- Activate team member access
- Access to different areas I have permission to
- SSH/SFTP access to applications
- Update Team Account
- Limitations of team accounts management
Once you have team member access to the Cloudways Platform, you can perform different operations in your team environment. You would be able to perform functions related to Servers, Applications, Billing and Support depending on the level of access granted by your account owner.
Step 1: Activate Your Team Member Access
Once the main account owner adds a new team member, that person will receive two emails, a Welcome Email and an Activate Your Team Member Access email. The second email (Activate Your Team Member Access) includes a link to generate a password for team member access. Simply click on the Click Here option to activate and generate your password.
Step 2: Accessing Allowed Team Environment Areas
2.(a): Access to Server and Application Management Areas
If you are allowed access, you can click on Servers on the top bar to start performing different functions in the Server Management area. You can add, stop, scale, clone, or delete a server depending on allowed permissions.
Note: You can learn how to switch between different team environments here.
Similarly, you can access Applications by flicking the switch to Applications on the top menu bar. From there, you’ll be able to manage any section in the Application Management area that you have been given access to such as domain management, installing SSL certificates, access applications via SFTP/SSH (check step 1b here), cron management, application settings, add-ons, and migration tools.
2.(b): Access to Billing Section
If you have access to Billing, then all billing related information will be visible from under your Account area.
2.(c): Access to Support Area
If you are allowed access to support area, then the question mark icon in the top right-hand corner will give you access to the Knowledge Base, live chat and create support tickets.
Step 3: Update Account Information
In the My Profile section, a team member can update his/her account including Personal details, Password, and account name by clicking on the respective fields (as shown below).
- Team members are not granted permission to add new servers to an account. If you need new servers added please contact the account owner.
- If an email address is already associated with a Cloudways account (Trial or Full), it can not be used as a team member account.
- For SFTP/SSH access, Team members will need to generate their own credentials (check step 1b here).