In this KB
- Namecheap settings configuration
- Mapping domain to Cloudways from Namecheap
This is a brief guide on editing/creating DNS records in your Namecheap account for pointing the registered domain(s) to the application(s) hosted on your Cloudways server.
Part A (Settings at Cloudways)
We assume that you already have added the domain(s) to your newly deployed web application(s) on your server at Cloudways. If not, then have a detailed look at this KB and complete Part A section before proceeding further.
Part B (Settings at Namecheap)
Log into your account and then go to Domain List.
Choose the domain that you want to direct a subdomain to your new Cloudways application and then:
- Click on Add New Record.
- As record type choose A Record.
- Choose the Host name for the subdomain that you want to point to your Cloudways application (in this example www).
- As a value, enter the IP address of your server that you noted earlier. In this example, it is 188.166.XXX.31.
- Finally, click the check icon to apply the changes.
That’s it! You may need to wait for a while (depending on the value of TTL you chose for the domain) before this change propagates across the internet and visitors start hitting your new Cloudways site.