In this KB:
- Whitelist IP and/or IP subnets for remote MySQL database connections
Remote database connections are an essential requirement for many projects. However, on Cloudways servers, remote connections to MySQL are not allowed because of the inherent security risks to the servers and applications.
In order to allow MySQL database connections, you need to add the IP from which you wish to setup the connection. Please note if you are using MySQL over SSH, there is no need to whitelist your IP.
Step 1: Go to Server Management
Log into the Cloudways Platform with your credentials. Click on “Servers” in the top menu bar. Then, click on your target server from the list.
Step 2: Whitelist Your IP and/or IP Subnets
- Next, go to Security menu option in the left menu, and then click the MySQL tab.
- Add the IP address to the “Add IP to Whitelist” text area and click the “Add” button.
- If you have multiple IP addresses, repeat the process.
- Once you are done, click the “Save Changes” button to finalize the changes.
Now since you are done with whitelisting IP, please follow this KB to set up remote MySQL database connection
- Cloudways offers several options to access MySQL database, including web-based database manager and SSH tunnel for MySQL clients.