In this KB
- How to clone your server from the Cloudways Console
Step 1: Go to Server Management
Log into the Cloudways Platform with your credentials. Click on Servers in the top menu bar. Then, click on your target server from the list to get to the Server Management area.
Step 2: Clone Your Server
Click on the circular grid icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Then select Clone Server.
Step 3: Start Cloning Process
After a notification window opens, click Yes to start the cloning process.
Step 4: Choose Clone Specifications
You have the following options to change specifications of the cloned server:
- You can change the cloud provider.
- You can scale server size.
- You can change server region as well.
- For some cloud providers, except for DigitalOcean and Vultr, you can change disk size.
- You can also view monthly and hourly server charges in the bottom of the screen.
Finally, click on Clone Server to proceed.
Your server will then begin cloning.
Congratulations! You have effectively cloned the server.