In this KB:
- How to clone your server from the Cloudways Console
Step 1: Go to Server Management
Tap on “Servers” on the top menu bar. Then, click on your target server from the list. This will take you to the Server Management section.
Step 2: Clone Your Server
Tap on the “pen” button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Then select on “Clone Server”.
Step 3: Start Cloning Process
After a notification window opens. Click Yes to start the cloning process.
Step 4: Choose Clone Specifications
You have the options to change specifications of the cloned server:
1) You can change the cloud provider.
2) You can scale server size.
3) You can change server region as well.
4) For some cloud providers (not an option with Digital Ocean) you can change disk size.
You can also view monthly and hourly server charges in the bottom of the screen.
Finally, click ‘Start Server Cloning’ to proceed.
Your server will then begin cloning.
Congratulations! You have effectively cloned the server.